Morrisons wants to regenerate the Waste Transfer Station and former Goods Yard site at Midland Road, Abbey Green, Nuneaton. The Waste Transfer Station will be relocated to an alternative site elsewhere in Nuneaton.
We’re proposing a store with 52,000 sq ft gross / 27,000 sq ft net floorspace, and will create over 250 new local jobs. The proposed development also includes a new petrol filling station, offering affordable fuel and electric vehicle charging for local residents.
This brand new, purpose built, store will provide Morrisons’ full range of fresh food including our popular ‘Market Street’ with specialist butchers, bakers and fishmongers, and improve shopping choice for residents in Nuneaton.
- Multi-million pound investment in Nuneaton
- Over 250 new local job opportunities
- Customer café and toilets
- Affordable fuel and electric vehicle charging
- Easy highway access and 257 parking spaces (including disabled, parent & child and click & collect)
- Improvements to existing bus stop to encourage public transport
- Extensive landscaping and planting to protect site boundary with Jodrell Street
In recent years we have opened several ‘new look’ stores, and we’d like to bring some of the new innovations we’ve learned from there to Nuneaton. These pictures from our newest store in Kirkby (opened October 2021), show how the Nuneaton store could look and feel.